Thread: BIOS does not want to load

BIOS does not want to load

After i installed the new graphic card and replaced the power supply unit, the BIOS has stopped loading since then. What must have caused this problem? I checked the new graphic card already and it is fine working with other computers.

I have P4 Asus P4P 800 motherboard of 3 ghz.

You didn't mention the reason for replacing the power supply. Well i guess its because you needed more power for your new graphic card. If thats the case, you need to ensure that you have provided the connection for your new GPU with the additional power supply as the newer GPUs normally require it unlike the older ones which could be started by just plugging them into the PCI slot.

So check your GPU for this. You new GPU must be having a 4-pin or 6-pin connection slot on its side. Your new power supply should have this power pins to be connected to GPU.

For a simple scrutiny, just check if your if have hooked up the power supply properly and also the graphic card in its slot. Many times these simple mistakes leads to these problems.

How old is your MB? When you say that the BIOS doesn't load, is it that you cant get into windows after boot stage OR you cant get into the BIOS only? Do the fans run when you startup? Does the green light that indicates standby lit on the motherboard? Is the northbridge heatsink unusually hot? Does the speaker gives any beeps when you start?

Scrutinize all this possibilities.

Hey guys, the problem is solved. It was actually a bad memory stick that was the cause of this BIOS problem. I replaced it and now BIOS loads properly.

I appreciate all you guys for trying to help me.