Thread: Virtual PC?

Virtual PC?

Hi..
    Can you tell me what is this Virtual PC? My friend told me i can run old applications on my system with its help how is it possible? I want to run some old applications & games.
    Thank you.

Virtual Pc is a free product from Microsoft. VMware is arguably the market leader. What it can do is allows you to run an entire OS as a program. This make you able to install any dam program & run it test it without thinking about its consequences, or any virus attack, because next time you start your system its clean & completely new OS for you.

Thanks for the help can you tell me how can i install windows 98 on it?
    I already have Vista on my machine.

When you create a new VPC and run it, you're initially prompted with a blank screen (like a DOS prompt). At this point you load up your Windows 98 CD and tell the VPC to access the CD. When the VPC boots from the CD, you'll be prompted (from within the VPC) to install Windows 98. When you're done, the VPC will then let you install other Windows 98 programs, but before you do, you need to make a copy of the .VPC file you created so you can roll back to this initial state if something goes wrong.

The virtual environment with these programs is like a container or sandbox in which you can experiment. A virtual machine is like a blank pc. You have to install an operating system into it and configure it just like a pc. Then setup whatever software you want. This virtual machine will run in a program window on your machine. It's like having a pc within your pc.