Thread: User profile problem in windows search 4 update in vista

User profile problem in windows search 4 update in vista

After installing some update recently for windows vista, i am unable to log into my computer and it giving me some warning like this -
    The user profile service has failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.
    The update was however downloaded automatically by windows which is 'Windows Search 4.0 (KB940157)' and is for vista only. I wonder why am i suffering if it was downloaded by windows directly!!

I am using 64 bit Windows Vista.

Carry out system restore. The updates that was downloaded must be conflicting with some of the services. Disabling those updates would be a better option. You can do system restore through F8 option while starting windows.

That thing works Soloman. But the problem is that after system restore through this method, the updates are reverted and PC works fine. But again after some days the update get installed and I face logging problem again.

This is the third time the update got installed and I had already done system restore twice earlier.

If such is the problem, then the updates are not working well with your system for sure and you should disable automatic update so that the wont install the next time. If you want, you can install such updates from Microsoft's site which is actually a better option for all Windows updates.

Thank you so much Nihir. Your advise helped me a lot. When i downloaded Windows Search 4 Update for Vista from Microsoft manually and installed, it worked perfectly and now i am not facing any user log-in problem. I wonder why there was problem everytime it installed automatically

Thanks also for replying so quickly

That must have occur due to corrupted download. This sometimes happen. Also, once an automatic update is downloaded corruptly, it applies on it on every new download thereafter instead of fresh download.