Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Side by side configuration error

Operating Systems

Old 14-07-2008

Side by side configuration error

specs: vista buis. 64

I have a side by side configuration error where any non microsoft program really wont run, and yields a side by side configuration error. I ran sxstrace and it said it found errors bit could not fix them.

I then downloaded vcredist to fix the c++ package for vista that according to other threads here should be able to fix the problem. But, the error wont let me run the .exe to fix the problem.

My msdn just expired because I graduated so I cant get a new ISO to burn and do a repair install. Any ideas for where I can proceed from here?

Thanks for your time.

Old 14-07-2008
Super Moderator

Have you read all the threads: Application failed to start - side-by-side configuration incorrect

error on The Side-by-Side configuration

side by side error
Old 14-07-2008

I have read them. The third one was along the track I tried, but because it cannot repair all the errors, I am unable to fix the issue that way.

It is not unique to one or 2 particular programs, and in fact only a small handfull of programs even work (windows update, sidebar, ie64 not ie 32 bit version) I am not sure if the ideas in the other threads are any help: they seem a little over my head.
Unfortuanately I dont have access to another vista computer to try and shift files over and I am unable to do a clean format.

I have not installed any programs recently, and so I am not sure what is causing the issue, and any help would be appreciated.
Old 15-07-2008

Do the following:

1) Install the vcredist_x86.exe http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

2) Install msxmli.msi http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Let me now if it helps.

cheers
Old 15-07-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtech View Post
Do the following:

1) Install the vcredist_x86.exe http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

2) Install msxmli.msi http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Let me now if it helps.

cheers
worked for me

I had a new Vista x64 setup with a existing FSX partition

Did a REG Path key creation, worked, but when I restarted with simconnect enabled, it did the 'sxs' thing

Uninstalled my C++ x86 and x64, reinstalled C++ x86

and hopla, FSX ran, and simconnect working (like my old setup, towards a notebook, and all existing .cfg's)

btw

Vista x64 - though a lot of people report trouble installing (me too) - gave me 50% FPS increase (~36)

greetz
Old 15-07-2008

I managed to fix the problem, just run UE3Redist file in the Binaries/Windows folder and it fixes the problem. Works for both vista and xp side-by-side configuration errors.
Old 15-07-2008

Thanks for the quick replies.

Unfortunately I cannot get vcredlist to even run (as with pretty much any .exe I try).
How would I go about trying a REG Path key creation, or using UE3Redist?

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,