Thread: Kingston HyperX Beast or Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM

Kingston HyperX Beast or Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM

Just 2 days ago I built a new computer rig for myself and now I am looking for the best RAM that I can get for my machine. Is there anyone who can tell me which RAM will be better for the best gaming performance? I am looking at either the Kingston HyperX Beast 8GB or the Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB RAM sticks. I am also going to use it on my Gigabyte motherboard with an AMD processor. Thanks for any suggestions in advance.

Re: Kingston HyperX Beast or Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM

If you are going for a RAM with 2400mhz then note that old motherboards will not be able to run the 2400mhz RAM at the current speed but they will generally run at 2133mhz at CL10 which could be a bit slower. So, it will be good if you go with the 2133mhz RAM or Corsair instead of the Kingston HyperX Beast which will be a waste in your computer build and also it costs higher in comparison.

You can even try to run RAM at higher speeds or else you can also lower the frequency and tighten the timings. You can choose from the various AMD motherboards that can handle RAM sticks with 2400mhz speed as well. One such motherboard that you can choose for same is Asus Crosshair Formula that is compatible with the AMD processor and will also run RAM at that speed. Hope this helps.

Both the RAMs that you have listed dont seem to have huge difference in performance between the two. But in any case you can select the Corsair Vengeance Pro RAM because it has got lower latency. As for the Kingston HyperX Beast memory it will provide more bandwidth and better performance if your motherboard supports RAM upto 2400mhz speed. It upto you to decide which RAM will best suit your mobo.