Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Official Kingston Forum
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-01-2014

Kingston HyperX Red or Corsair Vengeance memory

I am looking to buy a good performing RAM for my rig so after searching a lot I am trying to go for either Corsair Vengeance memory or Kingston HyperX Red RAM? There is a slight price difference for both these RAMs but I want the best RAM for performance. Since both of these ram manufaturer's are reputable in the market I am out of guess for which one to go for? Thanks for any suggestions.
Old 20-01-2014

Re: Kingston HyperX Red or Corsair Vengeance memory

What motherboard are you going to use, is it Haswell ready? If yes then you will need to go with the 1.5v RAM which works great with the haswell CPUs. Do not go with the RAM kit that runs at 1.65v since it will not be good for the haswell setup. If you can tell us the exact model of the RAM then we can find out at whether the RAM you are talking about runs at 1.5v or 1.65v.
Old 21-01-2014

If your motherboard and CPU are dual channel then you can most probably go with the 2x4gb ram stick and run it in dual channel which will give you more output/performance than a single stick. As for the RAM I always choose from the Kingston brand which usually performs a little good than a single stick and with 8gb ram you will get plenty of performance that you want, but note that you need to install 64bit OS to fully utilize the memory.
Old 22-01-2014

I would ask you to select the Corsair Vengeance memory stick which is good for dual channel memory support incase the motherboard that you have supports dual channels. And if you want to use 2x4gb RAM for some more performance and gaming purpose then go with the Kingston 4gb single kit which will definitely boost the performance of your computer.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Official Kingston Forum
Tags: , , , ,