Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Official Kingston Forum
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-09-2013

Asus Z87-a wont boot with kingston hyperx blu

My friend has recently purchased a new computer and I am helping him to build his pc. After connecting everything fine, the Asus Z87-a motherboard that we are using is not booting at all. I thought it could be a problem of the memory that we are using - kingston HyperX Blu. So, I removed one stick from the slot and then the motherboard started to boot properly. But if I am using both the 2gb sticks of ram then the board will not boot at all. Does anyone know what could be the reason for this? Please help
Old 19-09-2013

Re: Asus Z87-a wont boot with kingston hyperx blu

Have you checked whether you have the latest BIOS for your Asus Z87-a motherboard installed or not? If not then first download it from the Asus website and then install it properly. If still it doesnt work for you then you will have to test the RAM with Memtest and see if the memory sticks are not bad. If you get any error then you will have to replace the memory for sure.
Old 20-09-2013

Can you check whether there are any broken pins in the CPU socket side area, if yes then it could be a problem for the motherboard for not booting. Otherwise the issue might be the motherboard itself which you might have replace completely. I have noticed many times that these kind of problems often happen with the Asus boards.
Old 21-09-2013

Since it is a new RAM which isnt letting the board to boot then I guess that the RAM would be bad at the very first place. But as said, be sure to test the RAM sticks with memtest one at a time for 3-4 times. This testing will let you know for sure if the memory is really bad. If all the RAM are fine then try to test each memory slot on the motherboard.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Official Kingston Forum
Tags: , , , ,