Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 temperature issue

Official GIGABYTE Motherboard Forum

Old 03-12-2014

Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 temperature issue

I am using a Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 and want some information about its temperature. This mobo's temp rises to 48c even if it is running at idle. I tested it with HWMonitor software. I think that this problem is caused by the GTX 660 graphics card that I am using which is in the PCIEX16_2 slot. I am not able to use the 1st slot because the cooler that I am using is too large for both devices. Can anyone tell me what should I do to cool down the temperature? Thanks

Old 04-12-2014

Re: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 temperature issue

Well, the temperature of 48c at idle seems to be a bit high for the motherboard that you are using. You should be looking to get a different CPU cooler first so that you can move he graphics card to the first pcie slot. It will not only cool down the temperature but will also save some bucks from getting a new computer case. You should start with the easiest solution first to get your problems fixed as soon as possible.
Old 05-12-2014

Re: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 temperature issue

One of my friend has a similar type of motherboard like yours and he is running Zalman CNPS10X OPTIMA 120mm in his computer case. By using this heatsink you will get plenty of space in your cabinet and you will be able to remove and reinsert the graphics card again to the 1st PCIe slot on the motherboard. After fitting everything check your temperature again and see how much does it remain when your computer is running at idle state.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Official GIGABYTE Motherboard Forum
Tags: , , ,