Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 audio problem

Official GIGABYTE Motherboard Forum

Old 26-08-2014

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 audio problem

I am using the Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard with the AMD FX processor. The issue with this board I am facing is that there is only one sided audio I am hearing from the front panel as well as the back of this motherboard. I have reinstalled the VIA codec already on this board. Before this, I was using Windows 7 but now have upgraded to Windows 8. If anyone knows how to solve this problem it would be appreciated. Thank you.

Old 27-08-2014

Re: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 audio problem

Can you please specify in details what do you really mean by saying that you are getting one sided audio only? Are you trying to say that when you connect either your headphone or speaker then you are getting sound from only 1 earphone or 1 speaker respectively, instead from both side? Or are you trying to say that you are able to get only mono audio, which means that both speakers play the same exact thing or something else?
Old 28-08-2014

There might be some changes in the settings that you might have done. So, you will first need to check your audio device manager or the application turner it came with. I dont know if it is a board problem unless if it is a pretty old motherboard. It might be a problem with the connector as well, so can you try to verify whether the sound is coming out of the back on the mobo? Anyways, what is the speaker or headphones model you are using on your computer?
Old 30-08-2014

I am guessing that it is a driver problem. Can you check whether you got the VIA sound chip and if yes then you need VIA drivers. But if you are having RealTek sound chip on your motherboard then you will have to install the RealTek drivers. As per the specs of the Gigabyte motherboard that you have, there is 2 models that have different audio chips, that is, one has RealTek and other model has VIA. So, try to install both drivers one at a time and see if it works.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Official GIGABYTE Motherboard Forum
Tags: , , ,