Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Gigabyte motherboard temperature sensor question

Official GIGABYTE Motherboard Forum

Old 19-06-2014

Gigabyte motherboard temperature sensor question

I am new to this so I am hoping that everyone might be knowing this already. Can anyone tell me what are the tmpin0 tmpin1 and tmpin2 in the HWmonitor in my gigabyte motherboard? All this temperature are showing different readings when I am using the OCCT benchmark tool. After searching I found out that CPU could be the TMPIN1 but in another application it shows same value as TMPIN2. I am so confused. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Old 21-06-2014

Re: Gigabyte motherboard temperature sensor question

First of all the TMPIN0 is for the motherboard, then the TMPIN1 is for CPU and the last TMPIN2 is for the Northbridge. Most of the temperature reading software could have some bug but when you will ask Gigabyte then they will say that they only recommend to use the EasyTune application or Gigabyte's own TouchBios tool. This both tools are also used for monitoring purpose. Since this software is designed for the Gigabyte motherboard, so you should use this instead of any other third party app.
Old 23-06-2014

You can try to test with TouchBios to check the CPU temperature in your computer. I think that it will show you the same figure similar to those being reported in BIOS but it could vary from Easytune. You will be able to get the accurate information about like which temp sensor is for motherboard and which one is for CPU. When you start your pc for the first time, just press Del key to enter the TouchBios and then check what does it show to you. Hope this helps.
Old 24-06-2014

I have a Gigabyte motherboard and when I went into the TouchBios then it was showing CPU temperature as TMPIN2 with 6 CPU temperature, then another System temperature as TMPIN0 with 6 System temperature. So, I think that the TMPIN1 might be the Northbridge or power section. I have even saw many people overclocking their CPU because they were thinking that TMPIN1 was the CPU temp. You can usually find the sensors at the upper side near CPU and CPU VRM but I wont trust them too much.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Official GIGABYTE Motherboard Forum
Tags: , , , , ,