Thread: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 hanging problem

Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 hanging problem

I am having problem with my Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard that hangs up randomly. I have checked the temperature and have a cpu cooler fitted there are no too much of overheating as well. I have a Cooler Master Power Supply 700W which is fine as well. I even flashed the bios to the latest version but still have the same problem. Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Re: Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3 hanging problem

Did you only get a hanging problem of your system or do you also get some error messages or error codes or BSOD messages? When does the hanging occur, whether while surfing web, watching video, playing games or anything else? Have you done any kind of overclocking or using RAID setup or such? Check in the event viewer to find some error logs related to the hanging problem.

How much RAM are you using in your System. Can you test each of the RAM stick that is present in your system with the help of memtest software. Also, take out each RAM and then put each stick seperately to see if any of the ram stick produces any errors. If you have enabled XMP profile in BIOS and the set the RAM timings manually then disable it as well and see if that works for you.

Well, can you try to just reset the BIOS if there were some settings that you have done before which were not correct. If this settings have messed the voltages or something then there could be a problem and therefore by resetting the BIOS may fix this issue. You can even try to troubleshoot the hard drive which could be a problem for the hang, just try to scan the driver for errors and try to defrag the drives as well.