Thread: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 motherboard wont wake up from sleep mode?

GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 motherboard wont wake up from sleep mode?

I have been using this Gigabyte board for some years now. And recently I found out that if I will go into the sleep mode and power down this board, then it will not power back up. What it does actually, it tries to startup and I can hear the fan and the drives spinning sound but it will turn off again and keep on doing the same in a cycle. I have not done any overclocking on this board? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks.

Re: GIGABYTE GA-X79-UD3 motherboard wont wake up from sleep mode?

Even I got this issue and I think that the Intel Raid or AHCI controller is the issue but I didnt test it yet. When I am trying to wake from sleep then I will get a BSOD and have to go through chkdsk that recovers lost data. I am using the latest drivers but I dont want to put it in sleep mode to lose my important data or damage the operating system. Does anyone have some solution for this issue?

This problem happens due to incorrect ram or voltage/settings, the sleep resume wont work fine as it saves and resumes the sleep state to and from the memory. Have you tried to add more dram or cpu vtt voltage? It can also be a bios bug, so you will need to check if there are any new bios firmware available for the board, check the motherboard manufacturer's site for the latest bios.

Even I have a gigabyte motherboard and I am getting this same issue for some couple of months now. I have already tried all the latest bios and beta ones as well, but nothing is working so far. The computer will work fine for couple of days but after that it will just start never ending boot loop that stops only after switching the power supply off for few seconds. Can anyone tell me whether this problem happens because of a defective motherboard or so?