Thread: Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 RMA Problem

angry Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 RMA Problem

I gave my Gigabyte GA-890FXA-UD5 rev 2.1 to Accel frontline Nashik for RMA on 8th December 2012.

I got a call from Accel on 25th December 2012, they said that "your motherboard has arrived please come and take it". So I went to Accel frontline's Nashik center. They put the replacement UD5 in front of me, That motherboard was not even sealed but just wrapped in a plastic bag.
    I took it out from the bag, it looked old and dusty also the PCB plus the rear panel SPDIF port of the motherboard were bent.
    So I didn't accept the motherboard thus Accel sent that motherboard to RMA again.

I got a call from Mr. Rajendra from Ahmedabad, He assured me that he will give me a new motherboard in replacement.

On 18th January 2013 I got a call from Accel Frontline Nashik that the second replacement motherboard has arrived. So I went to Accel Frontline's Nashik center. They put the second replacement GA-890FXA-UD5 in front of me, when I saw that motherboard I was shocked.
    The condition of the motherboard was even worse than the previous one. It looked old and dusty also the PCB plus the rear panel SPDIF port of the motherboard were bent with lots of scratches on the northbridge heatsink which has Gigabyte written on it. The eSata + USB Combo ports were broken too.
    So I refused to accept the motherboard again thus Accel sent that motherboard to RMA yet again.

Then I called Mr. Rajendra of Ahmedabad and told him everything that happend and explained the extremely horrible condition of the motherboard. Also told him that "I want a new GA-890FXA-UD5 motherboard and if that is not available give me a new GA-Z77X-UP5 TH" to that he said "Ok sir please give me two days I will do something".

On 19th January 2013 I called Mr. Rajendra to check the status of my issue. He said "Gigabyte does not give new motherboards in replacement as that is not the companies policy", I asked "Is the companies policy different for Nashik compared to other cities in India? My other friends from different cities always get new motherboards in replacement from Gigabyte" to that he replied "We can't give you a new motherboard as that's not the companies policy, We only give a new motherboard if your one is DOA or within the first 30 days after purchase, otherwise we give a repaired or refurbished motherboard". Then he immediately cut the phone.

So i posted on Gigabyte India's and Gigabyte Taiwan's facebook pages. After sometime I got call from Mr. Rajendra and he said "I will give you few email id's you request them please" so I said " Give me the email id's I will email them about my issue and also send them pictures of the last two replacement motherboards and I will also ask them about company policies plus ask why policies differ for different customers in different cities of India". Then suddenly he starts refusing to give me the email id's and said "You are not cooperating with me, i'm trying to help you. Gigabyte's after sales service is top class". So I said " Sir i'm trying to cooperate with you but I got a badly damaged and old motherboard two times as a replacement so what should I do? The customer spends Rs. 10000 to 12000 and you give an old and badly damaged motherboard which is absolutely unacceptable. Is this your companies top class service?." He said "Yesterday I have shipped a motherboard which you will get on Monday the 21st of January. Accept it".

I asked him "Will it be a new sealed and box packed motherboard?" He said "No" also said that "If you want to email anyone, then go ahead". Then he said "Accept the motherboard as it is because you have 2 years warranty left on it so if something happens you can claim warranty again". I said "No one will give warranty on a physically damaged motherboard. I got damaged motherboards as replacement twice so I will not take a chance, if you give me a completely sealed and box packed motherboard otherwise I will not accept it" .

Still he tried to pressurize me to accept the motherboard in any condition it comes in.

22/1/2013 :-
    Today morning at 10.44 am got call from giga . The person who called me was very rude. Blem me tht "u traping us, trying to blackmailing us . No one in India give new replacement product after 2yr . Our company (Gigabyte) not give u any new motherboard as replacement . Take Mobo which i give . " Also said " Y r u Posting on FB ?"

Now I have few questions:

1. The customer spends Rs. 10000 to 12000 then should he accept a old and badly damaged motherboard?
    2. Are physically damaged products covered under warranty?
    3. Do company policies differ for different customers in different cities of India?
    4. Gigabyte gave me damaged motherboards as replacement twice because of which my valuable time got wasted and I got mentally harassed so is this your policy too to mentally harass customers?
    5. Please tell me why should I not file a case against Gigabyte and Accel frontline in the consumer court?

Re: Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 RMA Problem

Dear Rahul,

First of all, our sincere most apologies for the issues you must have faced during your interactions with our company reps.

As per our Warranty Policy, we are committed to providing the same motherboard you'd submitted to our service centers after making necessary repairs.

As per our Policy, a brand new motherboard is only provided as replacement either 1) Within 7 days of the purchased date by showing the invoice or 2) Within 4 months since factory ship out date.

Hope, you are fine with this.

Warm regards,
    GIGABYTE India Marketing

@GIGABYTE India :-

You made me wait for approx 2 months, given me a replacement board with bent pins and Dusty motherboard, being rig-less during that time and wasted money and my time, facing your service agency's rude behaviour and after someone intervened you guys decided to either give my old board after so long or with an option for long with only Rs. 2,200 worth of credit note? What kind of logic is this? I paid for the product- its not a free product. This is not fair and I am posting this in all forums so that people will take some caution while dealing with you.

How can I trust a repair job when the repairs were done while the board is covered with dust? How can I know that you people are buying time for yourself and wasting my time to save your service center's reputation? Its even more shocking that Gigabyte India is actually defending the service center. FYI, Asus has reasonable RMA policy. They have even replaced motherboards that were more than 2-3 months old. Sapphire given me a higher model of the GPU when I RMAed it. So did AMD... so why is Gigabyte being substandard about it?

Got the call from Gigabyte representative . She pressurize me to take an old motherboard . 1st she refused that i got 2 times damaged replacement . When i said have proof thn she said ok ,but take this old motherboard if anything happens in future call me.

I have question i paid full amount for product . Got 2 times damaged product as replacement . After this y i take chance again ?

Dear Rahul,

Keeping in view the issues you had faced after sending your GIGABYTE motherboard for RMA, we are dispatching a brand new model of GA-890FXA-UD5 from Mumbai (Accel office) today - Jan. 30, 2013 - to our ASP in your location - Nashik.

Will update you on the time of collection later.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGABYTE India View Post
    Dear Rahul,

Keeping in view the issues you had faced after sending your GIGABYTE motherboard for RMA, we are dispatching a brand new model of GA-890FXA-UD5 from Mumbai (Accel office) today - Jan. 30, 2013 - to our ASP in your location - Nashik.

Will update you on the time of collection later.
    good news at last. want gigabyte to keep it up,as i am also a gigabyte motherboard customer recently