Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Page Numbers in MS Word 2007 document

Office Update Service

Old 04-11-2007

Page Numbers in MS Word 2007 document

I am having number of documents and i want their numbering to start as page #1 from third page. I also want alternate page number position for even/odd numbered pages. Is that possible in MS Word 2007 ? If yes then how? Help regrading this will be appreciated.

Old 04-11-2007

In order to number your third page as page #1, insert a section break at end of second page. After that move your cursor on 3rd page,click on Insert tab > Footer > Edit footer. Once you see Header & Footer Tools at top of your screen than check mark "Odd & Even pages" option as well as "Show Document Text". Once you are done until here move your cursor on Footer of Page 3, click on Page number drop down > Format numbers > When you get a dialog box than click on start , type 1 and click on OK. After that Click on Page numbers again and in drop down just click on Bottom of Page and select location for your page shown in drop down. Now Your page number for Odd numbers will start from 1 where as Odd pages will have Odd numbering. You can repeat same thing for even number pages, you will have to place insertion point in footer of page 4. Hope that helps.
Old 04-08-2009

I was looking for the same thing, you solution appear to be fine but i want to know how can i make out in section I am in word 2007? I have tried using print layout view but i just see page number of the total (eg 1 of 1). I was using Word 2003 previously and it used to listed section number, page number along with current section.
Old 06-08-2009

Re: Page Numbers in MS Word 2007 document

Open any document and right click in lower left area, you will get a popup menu for selecting "Section". It will also display information like section number and page number. If you have any query further than you can feel free to ask.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Tags: , ,