Thread: Office 2003 service pack 3

Office 2003 service pack 3

I am trying to downloaded Office 2003 service pack 3 update and have turned auto updates on as well but it is not getting installed. I am not able to make out whats going wrong, is there anything i can try out for fixing this issue??

RE: Office 2003 service pack 3

Beckinsale you have mentioned your issue very shortly, i mean what you meany by saying "It is not getting installed" are you getting any error message while downloading Office 2003 service pack 3 update? or downloading process is getting stuck in between? just explain your issue in bit detail so that i can have better idea of what you are going through and will try to help you out with a possible fix.

I get an error message saying "Some updates could not be installed" and after that it says "The following updates were not installed". I also wanted to add that i have tried using disk from Microsoft for installing service pack 3 update but no avail, i am getting same error message at the end. Do i have to check out anything? i have gone through some knowledge base articles but i haven't found a fix for this. Let me know if you are aware of any solution that i can try out.Thanks in advance.

Below is what i had tried out for fixing the exactly the same issue in my case.
    • Go to Start Men > Computer > Windows drive > Windows Folder > SoftwareDistribution folder > Download folder > Install folder.
    • There will be one file in there, so right click on it and run it as administrator, now use default values and click "yes" at license.
    • Once the installation gets completed, restart your computer , run Windows Update again and you are done.

You should not have any issue in installing Office 2003 service pack 3 update anymore, best of luck.

You can try out the solution that has been mentioned by karrma but if that doesn't helps then Register the Wups2.dll file in Windows following this site and see if that's helping.