Thread: Microsoft update creating problem

Microsoft update creating problem

My system is giving Popup.exe - ordinal not found error. I updated my system and then restarted the pc. On reboot I am constantly getting this error on the screen. The error also says some LIBEAY32.dll file missing. The updates were downloaded properly and I think they were installed also. There was no error listed at all. How can I fix the same. I think there is no way by which I can revert the old updates back.

Try to check the updates once more time. It looks some updates is missed or either not properly. When I checked on web found that this error is related to Windows Registry. Some invalid or missing keys is causing the issue. To fix the same you can download a registry repairer software and then scan your system with the same. Another thing you can do is trying to system restore. This might restore old settings and then try to run the updates back.

That error is related to Office Update. I am getting a similar error. And also other than this I had seen a error related to Outlook which is some 0x8007043c. I am not able to locate the right solution for the same. Windows update can use this kind of errors which is common. To fix the dll error you will need to download the dll file and replace it with existing one. Or else the error will be common.

I got this error after installing Roxio in my system. I am having Windows XP. I tried to restore the dll files but that did not worked. It looks Microsoft update is a bit buggy and there is no way to fix the same. I am trying to perform system restore also, but that to does not worked. The error is very irritating. I had checked a number of sites for the answers most of them tell to replace the dll file only. I hope to get a more appropriate answer here.