Thread: Office Document Imaging Crashing After SP3 Update

Office Document Imaging Crashing After SP3 Update

After getting fresh Microsoft Office SP3 updates, Document Imaging started crashing in Windows. It was working quiet fine before, but this is a bit weird the issue that I faced just right now. I use Document Imaging in Windows to read the tiff files. This files are mostly send through fax. This is a important tool, for me to get business details. Now when I open Tiff file the tool simply crashes. I open this by clicking on File > Open > .tiff file. As I click on the file it crashes. I do not know any other way to open this file. It keeps on crashing now. I had restarted my machine but still the issue lies as same. The error mentioned shows fault address 0x00016537 code. Now there are number of other computer connected on the network and if this updates goes in everyone, then this issue will be more serious.

Re: Office Document Imaging Crashing After SP3 Update

Hopefully a hot fix is available on Microsoft that can help you to fix this issue. The link is provided below. Read the link and download the mentioned updates from that. If still the problem does not goes then there are two things you can do. First either run system restore to get the old settings or second download a simple tiff viewer from web.

After you install Office 2003 SP3, the Microsoft Office Document Imaging program may not work as expected.

I had checked those solutions already. But that did not really helped much. I think going for system restore would be something that can help. But the same is complicated for those who have multiple computers at their office. I have only 3 computers at my office. Because of this error I had re-installed Office and it is gone. But I think again if I run the update the issue will be back. I had sent a report already to Microsoft, but yet there is no reply. I had kept the update back ON so that it can download it again and fix the issue on its own. Did you tried one more thing. Right click on the file and then choose open with. Check that helps or not.

FIX POSTED - Office Document Imaging Crashing After SP3 Update

I have some solutions that will help. The issue can be fixed by modifying some registry values. That is the only way. I had gone with re-downloading the setup, but nothing worked out there. There are two things that I had find which helped a lot. Run registry editor by typing regedit in the run box. Then go on HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSPaper 11.0\Recent File List. Disable Recent File List from here. There will be two similar locations. Look on the same properly and disable it. Restart your pc and then check back again.

I have multiple system at my office. I had did that registry thing on the all. Among them there are two computers which are not working fine. There is a error while launching Document Imaging. So I found a another workout. First you nee dto reduce the size of filename. For that go on My Computer and then go to Scanner and Cameras. There you have to reduce the filename to 26 characters. Also you will need to restore the old registry settings back. I had kept a backup of my file and then I imported the same back again. After that just reboot your system and then check back. It will be working. There is some limitation with the file characters. I do not know much about that, but this solution worked in my system.

I am not sure about the same, but I think that is not really related to the issue. In my system I had not experimented the same. But already I am getting a small file name and those settings are by default. At last the only solution that was left is re-installing office back again. I had contacted Microsoft for the same, but there is nothing yet listed on the same. The registry trick did not worked here. I hope the file association stuff is not related here. I had checked also. I had a other tiff viewer which works fine with the document. So that clearly means that the files does not has any kind of issue.

so how do we disable the recent file list. i deleted the items in it through the registry and it fixed the problem, but as soon as i open a longer file name it start having the same problem. so how do i diable it from keeping the file names stored at all?

There must be some kind of long term fix of the same. I am not able find that one. Document Imaging program is quiet required in my systems also. I had done that registry things but there is no help yet. It is still crashing. The last option for me is to upgrade the Office version. There are just solutions. But none of them really helped me. I try to re-download fresh updates but nothing was found.