Thread: Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) doesn't work in Office Update anymore.

Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) doesn't work in Office Update anymore.

Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) is not working in Office Update anymore, whenever i am trying to update MS office in my system running on Windows 98 SE it fails with below error:

Update is unable to check for updates The Office Update site is unable to check for updates on this computer. This may be happening because of one of the following reasons:

You do not have administrative privileges for this computer.
    There is a network problem and the detection catalog used by the Office Update site failed to download. Go back to the Downloads home page and try running detection again.
    Windows Installer patch files (.MSP files) from previously applied Office updates are missing from the \Windows\Installer hidden directory on your computer. MSP files are stored on your computer after update installation completes because they need to be referenced for future update operations. If the files are missing you will not be able to apply Office updates. You may also be unable to uninstall Office products as a result of the same problem. Please contact Microsoft Product Support Services for assistance.
    You installed Office updates in the past and then upgraded from Windows Installer version 1.0 to Windows Installer version 1.1. For more information see the KB article Windows Installer May Prompt for Install Source if Unavailable.

I have tried following all solution that have been mentioned but no luck yet.

Re: Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) doesn't work in Office Updateanymore.

It seems to be a common issue with latest update from Microsoft, i am facing same issue and have come across a number of people going through it. I have reported it to Microsoft but i haven't got any response form them by now. I have checked out all possible causes that where mentioned in the error and have tried out the workaround following it but no avail. I cannot pass that error and install latest update. I have gone through some knowledge base articles as well but even they don't have effective workaround for fixing this error. I think we will need further update from Microsoft on this.

Re: Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) doesn't work in Office Updateanymore.

There's surely something wrong with latest update from Microsoft. In my case i was getting same error and rather than trying anything else i simply uninstalled office completely from my system and reinstalled it. Later when i tried installing updates i came across same error, i don't think i should have faced that error after a clean install. Just hoping Microsoft to come up with a fix for it soon.Let me know if any one of you get any update on this issue.