Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft Office Genuine Validation ActiveX Control for Office activation

Office Update Service

Old 10-03-2007

Microsoft Office Genuine Validation ActiveX Control for Office activation

I am not able to download or run ActiveX on my system. I am using Microsoft Office 2007 on Windows XP. I am the only admin on it. But somehow I cannot figure out the issue behind installing Active X. I verified IE settings. So to some extent this is not a browser based issue. I also checked that whether Active X is enabled or not in IE. The last thing I did is disabled my antivirus and tried to install it again, but that too does not worked. Does anyone knows why this is happening.

Old 12-11-2012

Re: Microsoft Office Genuine Validation ActiveX Control for Office activation

I think still some security application is blocking active x from getting installed. It is better if you switch your browser. Try to run the same some different browser. From control panel you can simply modify program access default and configure the default web browser. That would help you much in dealing with the issue. You can also try some other way so activating windows.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Tags: , ,