Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image

Office Update Service

Old 05-06-2006

msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image

When i am opening any application of Microsoft office then i am getting an error message saying "The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\System32\msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette".
Any ideas what might be causing it?

Old 06-06-2006

I wanted to know if you have installed latest recommended updates for Ms office in your case? if not then install them first and see if you are able to get rid of that error. I have come across some who have mentioned that they were getting same error previously when msimtf.dll and msctf.dll were not latest in their case. They were able to get rid of that error message by installing latest version of msimtf.dll and msctf.dll, try out the same and let me know if that's helping you out as well.
Old 17-02-2010

Re: msimtf.dll is not a valid Windows image

I am getting same error message, i am having Microsoft office 2003. I get that message while accessing word and not for any other application of office.I have tried uninstalling and installing Microsoft office 2003 a couple of times but that's not helping. I wanted to know how can i install latest version of msimtf.dll and msctf.dll? i am not able to find it any where?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Tags: , , ,