Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch ...

Office Update Service

Old 14-02-2006

This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch ...

Hi, I need some urgent help regarding my Office 2003. It was running fine since past 6 months but now donít know what happened to it after updating Windows last night. Whenever am trying to open any Office program, it gives me an error saying:

"This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."

I donít know what kind of patch is it talking. Please help me too fix it soon. Thank you.

Old 15-02-2006

Re: This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch ...

I wanted to know if you had made clean installation of MS office 2003? if you are not sure then use Windows Installer Clean Up Utility for removing office 2003 completely and then reinstall it. I don't think you should get any such error after making clean installation, so just try out what Ive suggested and let me know if you find it helping.
Old 16-02-2006

Re: This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch

While checking out for the error Ive come across below article related to it, Just try out the workarounds that have been mentioned there and see if you are able to install it

You receive an error message when you try to install or run an Office program: "This patch package could not be opened" or "The installation source for the product is not available"
Old 17-02-2006

Re: This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch

If you don't get any help form the solution that have been mentioned above then you can try installing latest update for office 2003. I have come people who were facing same error and were able to sort it out by installing latest updates. I am not sure if you are having same case but you can definitely give it a try.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Update Service
Tags: , ,