Thread: Where is proplus.msi for Office XP?

Where is proplus.msi for Office XP?

I am not able to install Office XP in my system. It gives a proplus.msi missing error on the screen. I have a Office XP CD. But it is not detecting the .msi file. Does the issue lies with the setup. I cannot arrange any different CD. The CD that I have belongs to my friend and it is the same edition. Does I can download from web.

Re: Where is proplus.msi for Office XP?

Does your PC comes with pre-installed software. Like Vista or Office XP edition. There will be a recovery partition in that. This issue is commonly noticed among various people. They had tried to install Office XP through different disc. It looks the files comes with some kind of vendor protection and it does not read any other version. If there is a recovery partition then you can still extract the file from it. You need to search the same through some software and it will work.

Go to Uninstall Program in Control Panel and there click on Office. Click change and then run the setup. From here you can do two thing. You can run a repair setup or simply add some additional component in your system. I was not having Frontpage installed in my system. I installed it through that process and there was no error. I had installed Windows Vista first on my desktop pc. Does the serial number really matters with the Office version also. You can try to download the file from web, but it will not help much. There can be chances that the .msi file is corrupted.

Yes there can be chances that the .msi is corrupted. Also sometime the issue is related to the installer. Will update can give some help here. I also want to install Frontpage in it. And I can do that through the CD only. I do not want to go with full setup here. I had seen some patches on Microsoft site, but not sure what to use. Isn't there a direct download link available on web for installing Frontpage.

I re-installed everything from scratch and it worked. It does not matter if you having different edition of disc, but still it is recommended that you must backup your data before making any system changes. Updates can give you basic help only. What I know is updates cannot fix the missing file errors. My system has a hidden partition which has all software in it. I used the files inside it to restore office setup error. The only issue is that this things are bit complicated to perform on different system.

I have old CD's kept with me. I had never faced such issue. I was not aware that using some other disc will not help much. I had created multiple backups for future. I had seen a office XP 1706 - ProPlus.MSI fix web while reading more about this issue. The fix allows you to deal with the msi missing error. The installation when fails gives a hard time to fix such issue. But there are nicely made kb articles that can allow you to work on the issue. I had tried to locate the download file, but there is nothing listed on Microsoft forums. Only the installation disc can help you here.

In my system I having a bit different issue. I had updated Office XP Profession. Now to get Front page proplus.msi is needed under all circumstances. I am sure there will be some way by which we can update that offline. I found a reference link below that has a bit workaround on the error we are facing.

Error message during Office 2000 or Office XP installation: "Error 1335 - Cannot Copy Cab File Office1.cab"

If the control panel step does not work for you and still you are getting .msi missing error then there is no other way you can get that file. The only thing you can do is fine a better alternative for frontpage. Or else you will need to find a relevant system which has the same version of Office XP you have. You can use this disc.