Thread: Outlook 2000 Email is working very slow

Outlook 2000 Email is working very slow

I having a slow performance issue with Outlook Express. I have Outlook 2000 installed at one and Outlook 2003 at my office PC. Compared to that my Outlook 2000 is damn slow. I had not run any update yet, and just want to confirm that will it boost the performance. I had removed some older update also. Is there a way I can make it work fine. The emails inside when I click take a high time to load. Sometime it does not just open up if there are some images inside them. Anyone has some option to boost up Outlook performance.

re: Outlook 2000 Email is working very slow

To get the email open on normal you have to reset the security settings. In Outlook go on Tools > Options > Security and then click on Outlook. If this works then your mails will be opening up in normal mode. That would be the best way to work with this. If your mail box is too large then also the slow issue persist.

That will work, but will not boost. It is right that if your mailbox is too large you can face the issue with slow performance. To some extent this also depends on your hard drive you have. I will recommend you to backup your emails first and then upgrade the same to a much newer version. This would be the right solution for you. The performance will be boost on upgrading to a new edition.

Slow Email

I too have two system that has Outlook 2000 on one and 2003 on other Both have Windows XP. Now it is working in both the system. But compared to 2003, 2000 is extremely slow. I basically copy all my emails in both the systems. The load time and other performance is far more better here. The typing speed of email is also affected as it takes time to show text. I had around 4 mail configured on the 2000 edition. And there are more than 1000 emails. I do not want to spoil the settings by upgrading. I am planing to add up more RAM to make the system better.

Help!

There are possible chances of corrupt or poor pst files. I got my the same in my old computer where Outlook never open my emails. The busy icon just did not work well. I had kept the backup with me. I had created a new setup and then installed outlook on the. I moved my pst folders to the new setup. It work fine.

Updates can give you more security instead of performance. Outlook 2000 is a old edition and you cannot expect much from that. If it is slow then there can be many reason. First your system is slow or poor in response. Sometime pst files are corrupted which takes a bit time to loadup. You must backup your pst folders first. There are number of tools available that can help you to do the same. If the pst file is corrupted you will face the same error a number of time.