Thread: Where is the zf612707.cab?

Where is the zf612707.cab?

When i am trying to repair Office 2003 Pro then it keeps on asking for ZF612707.cab. Giving me below error:
    "Installation Error: File not Found
    A required installation file ZF612707.CAB could not be found"
    I have explored whole cd and my system but i am not able to find any ZF612707.cab file. I want to know if i can get it from somewhere else and proceed with repairing process.

As far as i am aware this error comes up because of corrupted or missing registry keys for Office. In order to fix it out you will have to reinstall Office 2003. So uninstall Office 2003 first using Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and after that make a clean installation of it. You can refer below steps for better idea:
    • Launch Windows Installer CleanUp Utility, select Microsoft Office 2003 entry in list Remove it.
    • Now go to start > Run > type regedit and click on OK.
    • when you get new window opened then locate below two registry keys and delete them:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office
    • Once you have deleted them Open Windows Explorer, navigate to "C:\Program Files" folder and carry out below task.
      Rename the "Microsoft Office" to "Microsoft Office OLD"
      Rename "OfficeUpdate" to "OfficeUpdateOLD"
      Rename "OfficeUpdate11" to "OfficeUpdate11 OLD"
      Restart your computer and install Office 2003.
    • Once you have made all these changes than restart your computer and install Office 2003.