Thread: "Error 1327.Invalid Drive: K:\" message when installing MS Office

"Error 1327.Invalid Drive: K:\" message when installing MS Office

I had bought a Sony laptop about 3 months that came with Office 2007 Home and Student Trail pre-installed. Now as its trail is already expired I bought a new Full Version Office 2007. According to few threads I read in the past, we must uninstall Trail versions before installing the purchased Office suits, hence am trying to remove the Trail from last 1 week but yet unsuccessful.

Every time I try to remove it from control panel it gives me an error saying “Error 1327.Invalid Drive: K:\”. Don’t know what is it related. After getting frustrated with this I thought to just overwrite the Trail copy with the new one, I started installation without removing trail and surprisingly got exactly the same error. Can anyone please help me out ?

Re: "Error 1327.Invalid Drive: K:\" message when installing MS Office

Hello CoYoTeA, I think you are facing exactly the same problem like me. Even I am getting the issues while installing my Office 2007 Pro. Do you really have any K: drive on your system ? In my case I am not having any K: drive but still it is asking for the same.

I only have C: drive where all programs are installed, D: drive with my local files and other data, and the last E drive that is CD/DVD drive. Don’t know whats wrong with the system. How to fix this problem ? Somebody please help us.

Re: "Error 1327.Invalid Drive: K:\" message when installing MS Office

Well it happens various times with various users. Don’t panic. We have a working solution for this. Just go to Start and click RUN. Type CMD and Enter. In the command prompt, type:

Subst K: C:

Note:(invalid drive letter): (existing drive letter): That’s it. Problem will be solved.