Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Header and Footer always hidden in MS Word 2003

Office Setup

Old 10-03-2008

Header and Footer always hidden in MS Word 2003

I am running MS Office 2003 on XP system since past 6 months and it was working fine without any problem. Donít know what went wrong suddenly my Wordís footer and header wont show up any more whenever I open new Word doc. To make it default I tried editing normal.dot and set it to default Print layout so that I can have data in both header as well as footer while launching word. But that doesnít seems to be working. Now when I launch the Word and click on View menu, it shows that it is in Print Mode but there is no option for me to select header and footer.

I have researched a lot but nothing seems to be working so far. Can anyone please let me know how can I make my word to open with visible header and footer ?

Old 10-03-2008

Re: Header and Footer always hidden in MS Word 2003

Well friend, you were too close but missed a bit. You can go to Tools, click setting , click Options , click View and make use of something called White Space. Or alternatively what you can do is scroll the page little below till the 1st page ends or the gap you see in two pages, mouse hover you cursor on the gap and double click. Your header and footer will reappear itself.
Old 10-03-2008

Re: Header and Footer always hidden in MS Word 2003

Wow, that was really very simple and easy. Thanks for the share and help buddy.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: , ,