Thread: Error Installing Office 2007 on MS Vista

Error Installing Office 2007 on MS Vista

I am having a Dell system running with Windows Vista 32bit and Office 2007 trial. Now since I have a ISDN subscription, recently I download MS Office 2007. I opened the Office ISO file using ISO BUSTER and tried to run the setup but it quits with and error message saying

"Setup cannot find the required setup controller file”

It also says that it could be due to error reading the CD or my download would have been corrupt. But as far as I know neither there was any kind of problem while downloading this ISO nor am using CD. Can anyone suggest me something on this ?

Re: Error Installing Office 2007 on MS Vista

Probably two reasons, first there are possibilities of the downloading getting corrupted no matter you dint saw any problem. Hence you may need to download it again. But that could be hectic to download such large file again with product key. So before going to that, second reason, your existing trial could also be the reason. Hence I will suggest you to uninstall the trial version completely from the system before you run the downloaded setup.

Before running the new setup and after uninstalling the trial version, remember that it leaves some files on your system that may also creat some errors in the installation. Hence once it is uninstalled, run Disk Cleanup wizard and remove all files related to office. Reboot the system and run the new setup.

Make sure you run the setup after extracting to any folder on your harddrive. Install winrar on your system and you will get the option to extract. It will be better if you burn the iso on CD and start installation. If still you get the same error than the only option is download the file again.

Re: Error Installing Office 2007 on MS Vista

The problem is right there in your post buddy. You said you run the setup using ISO BUSTER. You should know that when you run any file from ISO Buster it only extract that particular and not rest of the folder. Hence you must extract all files first on your PC and the run the setup.