Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components ???????

Office Setup

Old 28-01-2008

Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components ???????

I am trying to install Office 2007 on my XP based HP Compaq. I have the CD but am trying to install this using a Script to start the installer. Everytime I start the setup.exe (not the setup launch) it ends up saying “Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components”. Interesting part Is that this problem occurs only on HP Compaq PC and not on others like the one I have IBM ThinkCentre. Can anyone please help me installing Office 2007 from CD using Command line ? Thank in advance.

Old 29-01-2008

RE: Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components ???????

Quote:
“Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components”
I don’t think this is Office related error, probably its your system’s. Can you tell me if you get any error or prompt when you directly click setup.exe from the Root of the CD ? Just try it, browse the CD and double click setup.exe.
Old 29-01-2008

Re: Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components ???????

Yeah I think you are right, this is not Office related but it is the problem with the HP systems itself as there is no such problem on my IBM PC. As you said when I double click on Setup.exe, its starts right way. I guess (bit sure) that problem is in PC but what and where exactly? After few searches and troubleshooting I think when I run the setup by command line, it is hitting C:\windows\system32\setup.exe instead of F:\setup.exe (F is my CD drive), this is pointed by autorun.inf ? But still am confused why this is happening only on some machines ? Any help, any idea ?
Old 19-01-2011

Re: Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components ???????

I found that I had a card reader using W,X,Y,Z as drive letters and moved them so that when running from command line windows would map Z to execute the install since I was running from a network share. When I moved the drive letters it worked fine.
In case it matters, I was passing an XML config file on the command line.

Last edited by Melrik : 19-01-2011 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Clarified Response.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: , ,