Thread: How do I deactivate OFFICE 2007 and reactivate on my new PC?

How do I deactivate OFFICE 2007 and reactivate on my new PC?

My Office 2007 is already installed on my Desktop but as it there are many problems arising these days I want to quit this and move to my laptop permanently. And hence I want to move my Office 2007 (it is just 4 months old) as well on the new laptop. But as I know we cannot use office product keys on more than one PC I want to know if there is any way to deactivate office on desktop so that I can activate it on my laptop after installing?

Please suggest soon. Thank you.

Re: How do I deactivate OFFICE 2007 and reactivate on my new PC?

First of all ;et me tell you that if the office is OEM version (Came preloaded with your computer) then you wont be able to transfer it anywhere. And if it is retail version (you bought it separately) than yes you can move it to another PC or laptop.

There is no such option or term ‘Deactivate’ in any Office Product. You just need to uninstall it completely from the existing system and install/activate it on the next system. I don’t think any problem will arrive because people do this but if the situation goes worst than you will need to get it activate by Phone. You will need to call Microsoft Phone Support.

Thanks for the help buddy but I would like to confirm one thing, the phone activation will be free or I’ll need to pay for the same ?

I hope it should be free because why should we pay it again if I had already paid for the activation key. Isn’t it? I mean there comes situation where people need to reformat their pcs.

Nope, the phone activation is not free. You will need to pay for the same as well. And as you said people reformat their PCs, let me tell you that it is obvious we need to format our systems but we install office on the same PC again. People usually buy another office for another system, unlike your case. But still, as anshusehgal said above, you will need to call them in worst case. In most cases you activation works with out going to such level.