Thread: 'please wait while windows configures...' message on vista machine

'please wait while windows configures...' message on vista machine

When ever I try to launch any office applications like Powerpoint, Access, Excel, Word or Publisher except Outlook, I get a message that says "please wait while windows configures microsoft office enterprise 2007". I get same message in Outlook when i send or receive any email. I have tried removing and reinstalling the whole office 2007 suite but I am still getting the same problem. Can anyone please help me out?

The problem that you are facing could be because of many reasons and therefore it might be possible that the issue that you are facing could be different that you have found. Either ways, try to uninstall the Office 2007 suites from Control Panel by following the below method:
    1. Click Start.
    2. Click All Programs, and then open the Accessories folder (skip this step in Windows XP).
    3. Click Run, and then click in the Open box.
    4. Type appwiz.cpl, and then click OK.
    5. Locate the Microsoft Office entry in the list of currently installed programs.
    6. Select it, and then click Uninstall (or Remove in Windows XP).

If you are still facing problems then check for another method given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218/en-us#Method2

Can you try to delete the shortcuts to all the office 2007 applications and after that again create new ones on the computer desktop manually. This may work for you and gets rid of the annoying message that you are always getting. If you have installed office 2007 over office 2003, then other things that you can do is download a program called Ccleaner and then install it in your pc. This software is a registry cleaner which will clean the configuration for the new office in the registry editor automatically, once you run it. After that check if the problem is resolved or not.