Thread: Tips to work with VBA in Microsoft Office

Tips to work with VBA in Microsoft Office

I need some tips to work with vba in Microsoft Office. All things work well here, but due to some project work I started working in VBA. It is a bit complicated for me to understand this at start. For thing I am planing to upgrade to Microsoft Office 2010. Will this be better of should I continue with Office 2007. I think a newer version can offer much better output.

Re: Tips to work with VBA in Microsoft Office

Yes you must upgrade the version. The most recent version offer you more better support. I had seen it is better to work on VBA in Microsoft Office 2010 than in Office 2007. There number of bugs fixed and it is made more flexible to accomplish various task. Office 2010 offers you a very simple and nice programming language support by which you can work on Office applications. If you need better guidance on this you can visit msdn for detailed information. There are set of rich features in the new version. You can setup the author, modify the current format, setup email and database, create forms, etc. There are lot of options that you can try out here. Each and every option can be configured via gui mode no need to have very advance knowledge in vba programming. As it reduces the issue if scripting you get easy with the common interface. Also you can explore and work with number of languages also.

Re: Tips to work with VBA in Microsoft Office

I will too recommend you to go with the new version of Office. That is actually better. VBA is more effective in the new version. The best thing I can explain here is when you are trying to do some kind of automatic task. Many time in vba you will come to place where you will need to perform certain repetitive task. For that you can consider the existing settings and use them gain and again. You can simply move the content from Excel to Word to Outlook without loosing the formatting. This are certain changes which are made much better in the new version. You will not face issue while working on multiple data at a time. This time there are more number of Extension a user can use on the new version. This is best for 2010 applications. The build in tools are more than enough to make up your own basic program and run it. I had found the macro stuff very easy here and with less errors. You just need to have a basic understanding how vba work. The projects can be initiated with number of addons utilities you can try out. There are also easy functions now integrated with vba to make your job much more easier.