Thread: Installing Office 2007 on multiple computers

Installing Office 2007 on multiple computers

I am very new for softwares and all, hence I’m sorry if my query sounds silly and wasting some one’s time. I want to know that can I install Office Professional 2007 on 2 computers ? I have a desktop already running with Office 2003 and buying a laptop as well. But as I want to for new office, am buying Professional 2007. So I wanted to know if I can install the same CD on two computers or whether I need to buy 2 separate office suites for separate systems ?

Re: Installing Office 2007 on multiple computers

First of all Jyran you are not wasting anybody’s time, gaining knowledge is everybody’s rights. You are welcome to newsgroup. Now talking about your question, I don’t think you will be able to install Office Professional 2007 on 2 different PCs but still you should see their EULA (End User License Agreement) for the particular product here http://www.microsoft.com/About/Legal...s/Default.aspx

Just visit the above URL and select your product. You will get the EULA with other information whether you can install it on 2 PCs or is intended for only one system.

As a suggestion, you should go for Office Home and Student 2007, you will be allowed to install this version on 3 different PCs officially.

Thanks a lot for the reply and suggestions friend. I did checked the EULA from the link you gave and got to know what I was looking for. I can just install it on one system. But the alternative sounds good as well. I’ll think about going with Home and Student 2007 as well. Thank you.

Hello, instead of reading the general EULA, I think you should read the EULA of your own purchased product particularly. I mean, I have an Office Professional 2007 and according to my EULA I can use it on my Computer as well as Portable Device. There are many such users with the same EULA but the condition only is that portable device should be used by the same person who own and installed Office on the computer.

• You can check your EULA by opening any office document (For example WORD), click the Office Button, Click Word Options.
    • Click Resources, go to About and click on View the Microsoft Software License Terms.

As far as I know if the Office came with your new laptop or computer, that can be used only the same computer with which it came and not with any other computer or portable device. But if you buy the retail version, that you can install it on a Computer and on a Portable as well. That is in Microsoft’s EULA. But if you want to use it on two computers, better go with Home and Student Edition or simply call Microsoft Folks and see if they can provide you 2 or 3 license with few extra dollars.