Thread: Visio 2007 Silent Install

Visio 2007 Silent Install

Need a bit help from you all guys installing Visio 2007. Actually I want to do silent install of Visio 2007 on more than 100 systems at a time through custom .msp file that includes the following script:

\\server\ms2007\Visiostd\setup.exe /adminfile
    \\duffman\ms2007\Visiostd\custvisiostd.msp

But when I run this, it comes with two options ‘Install Now’ or ‘Customise’. I don’t think it is going to work for me because it involves user input and, as I said, am trying to do this on various systems together. I tried searching web for some help and found few people tried the following config script:

\\server\ms2007\Visiostd\setup.exe /adminfile
    \\server\ms2007\Visiostd\custvisiostd.msp /config
    \\server\ms2007\Visiostd\visstd.ww\config.xml

I tried this as well but yet the same problem. I thought if I need to do some changes in the xml file but I don’t know what changes should I do there. Any help ?

RE: Visio 2007 Silent Install

Well I don’t have much idea about this but as far as I know I guess you are missing something right in the custom.msp file.

Did you set the display settings to "none" and "Supress modal"?

Thanks for the help Maee and Yes, I have already done that. I also followed the instructions given by Microsoft ad follows:
    Ensure you have an actual enterprise/corporate disc & product-key.
    Notably, o2k7 uses setup patches (*.MSP) rather than transforms which previous versions used (*.MST). The below instructions will give you an MSP file, which is not accepted by non-corporate versions of o2k7. If you ignored point1 above, then you will end up wasting 15 minutes of your life which I'm not responsible for.
    3. Now at the command prompt, type: setup.exe /admin
    4. Choose the product for which you want to make a customization-patch.
    5. Then go through all steps in the customization wizard (to install the reqd apps & remove junk & change default settings).
    6. Be sure to have "completion notice" turned on & "suppress modals" turned off (this is to get to see errors, if any exist). Once you're done with testing, go thru the customization again to modify the MSP to disable completion notice & enable suppress modals.
    7. Save the resulting patch file in the same folder as o2k7 setup files.
    8. Now just execute this command (thru any method) for silent install: setup.exe /adminfile CUSTOM.MSP

What else am missing here ?

Alrite, somehow I managed to fix it today. I just had to put the supress modal on and completion notice off. That’s it. It worked for me. BTW, than you everybody.