Thread: Office 2007 Enterprise: does not install :: digital signature does not validate or is not present

Office 2007 Enterprise: does not install :: digital signature does not validate or is not present

I’m trying to get out of a problem with Office Enterprises 27 since last 4 days but it just kept me annoying till now. I bought a Multi-Licensed Office disk, have already installed it earlier on my two laptops. This time I am trying to install it on one of my desktop but every time it gives me an error message telling “office07\\enterpriser.ww\osetup.dll digital signature does not validate or is not present.”

I don’t know what it is trying to tell me but as a troubleshoot I copied entire content of the disk in a folder assuming there might be some problem in the disk and tried to run setup from that folder, yet the same error. I tried searching few forums and tech sites but no solution so far.

Atlast I thought there would be some problem with my operating system hence I upgraded my XP to Vista and tried running Office 2007 but guess what, yet exactly the same error. Can anyone help me getting rid of this annoying error ?

RE: Office 2007 Enterprise: does not install :: digital signature does

I was having exactly the same problem a month ago and fixed it successfully. I don’t know whether it sounds techie or not but here is how I fixed it:

I copied the CD’s files in a folder as you did, put it on .rar file. I did this on a Windows XP system. Later I copied that rar to my Vista laptop, extracted the same and run the setup.exe. There was no more error message and installation went fine smoothly. As you have already wasted 4 days, just give it a try too.

RE: Office 2007 Enterprise: does not install :: digital signature does

I think there is some problem with the system and hence it is not able to read the CD or its client. As a workaround can you make an ISO file of your disk try using a Virtual CD program to open the ISO directly and run setup from there. If you have any XP system you can use the MS Virtual CD Control Panel and if you wanna to do it on Vista, you can use e.g. the Daemon Tools. Extract the ISO to a directory, e.g. using WinRAR. Extract the ISO and perform a network