Thread: Office 2007 Ultimate Repair fails w/ "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working"

Office 2007 Ultimate Repair fails w/ "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working"

I want to repair my Office Ultimate 2007 running on Vista laptop but every time getting an error as mentioned in the title, its "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working".

The reason behind this actually my OneNote as it is unable to show OneNote Mobile notebook though am able to sync in general just fine. When I went to settings, don’t know why OneNote sync options are not checked. I am unable to check because they are grayed out as well.

I must say that my office is working file now also but the only problem is it is not allowing me to repair it. Can anyone help me out with the error mentioned above ?

Re: Office 2007 Ultimate Repair fails w/ "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working"

I can’t be sure why you getting the said error or why the repair is unable to run but I think you should try running the setup from MSDN DVD. This should work. Even I have faced problems various times while trying to repair it from Program and Features menu. Once you repaired using MSDN DVD, remove the Grove and reboot the system. See if your OneNote is able to show up the PPC mobile filder.

Re: Office 2007 Ultimate Repair fails w/ "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working"

I'm having the same problem. I think "osetup.dll" must be the problem. Has something else installed a file with that name somehow in the path?

The thread, Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working has the suggestion that trying to repair by using the DVD (rather than "Add/Remove Programs", "Change") might work.