Thread: Office professional plus 2007 encountered an error during setup

Office professional plus 2007 encountered an error during setup

Need some urgent suggestions installing Office 2007 Professional Plus on Citrix Presentation Server (4.0) with Windows 2003 Server SP2 and Terminal Services. Earlier it was running with Office 2003 Pro and Project 2002 but as I planned to upgrade to Office 2007 and Project 2007, I bought the copies and tried installing.

First I put my server in Install Mode, browsed to the network the Office CD is copied, put in my reg key, chose the installation options and started the process of Office 2007 installation. Installation was going fine but when it reached about ¼ of the progress, suddenly stopped and gave me the following error:

"Microsoft Office professional plus 2007 encountered an error during setup"

That’s it. No other information about any file that is creating the problem or anything. I don’t have anything to troubleshoot as per this error. Anyways, still I tried installing by starting the system, directly from the CD instead of network, but yet the same problem. Tried getting some help online but yet nothing found anything.

However I was not able to install Office 2007 until now, I thought to try installing Project 2007 that I bought, it git installed without any problem. I again tried with Office 2007 but yet the same problem. Finally, as I was too frustrated just installed Office 2003 again and left. So, now my server is running with Office 2003 and Project 2007.

Can anyone help me know what is the problem or mistake am making ? How can I fix it ?

Re: Office professional plus 2007 encountered an error during setup

I tried searching for the same online and what I got is that in order to install Office 2007 on Terminal Server, you need to buy Enterprises edition.

Office Professional 2007 edition wont work on Terminal Server.

Re: Office professional plus 2007 encountered an error during setu

Damn, is this something new in Office 2007 ? I mean as I also said above, I was using Office 2003 Professional on the same Terminal Based server and PC. Why is it not possible in Version 2007 ?Also can you tell me if Enterprises Edition is available in Single License ?

According to a article mentioned on TechNet http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc706993.aspx , "You can run the 2007 Office release on a Terminal Services-enabled computer only if your version of the 2007 Office release uses a volume license product key and does not require activation. If you install a retail version, pre-installed version (PIPC), or original equipment manufacturer (OEM) version of the 2007 Office release on a Terminal Services-enabled computer, you will see the following error when you try to run a 2007 Office release program:" I think this will help you understand the situation better.

Well thanks for the info buddy but let me tell you that my Office 2007 version does use a volume license key and does not require activation. Yes. I got this update through our Software Assurance agreement with Microsoft.

I even checked that article and there are few Error Messages mentioned, but in my case I dint even received any of those errors. All I get is that extremely useless message that doesn’t even give any other information to troubleshoot the problem. Any other help ?