Thread: Error 1907. Could not register font. -- while installing Office 07 on Vista

Error 1907. Could not register font. -- while installing Office 07 on Vista

I am getting Error while working with Office 2007 Enterprise edition. I am using a Vista system and the error is 1907. The message on the screen says Could not register font. Verify that you have sufficient permissions to install fonts, and that the system supports this font. Due to this the installation failed. It always appear when the installation start and reach Excel. Before completing the entire setup it crashes. I cannot found any way to get work on this. I have a Notebook and I am performing the setup in Admin account. Any information available on the same that can help me to deal with the problem.

I found a link that has some of the options that you can try. It offers you a proper method of uninstallation of Office 2010 suite. The problem looks to be associated with the fonts that are installed in Office. You need to find and extract all the fonts from Office installation disc and then setup them first. Later on perform full setup. Somehow the issue with disc can also be responsible for the same.

How to uninstall or remove Microsoft Office 2010 suites

Re: Error 1907. Could not register font. -- while installing Office 07 on Vista

I am getting the error related to some msinstaller issue. It is listed in the log file. I am sure this is due insufficient permission because of which you are not able to get the setup run properly. In my case this error appeared because some fonts are deleted and the setup was not able to locate the same. You had to start troubleshooting the same by restoring the fonts.

Error 1907 is produced when you delete fonts needed by Office and you use at the same time the complement "Euroconversion" (Eurotool.xmla) in Excel.

Solution 1 is to disable eurotool (Click on upper-left round Office logo -> Excel options -> Complements).
    Solution 2 fixes the problem and you can use Eurotool again. I have noticed the error appears when you uninstall the following fonts.

CENTURY.TTF
    IMPACT.TTF

So just reinstall them and the problem will be solved.

NOTES:

1. I made a backup of all fonts when I installed Office for the first time. Just compress the c:\windows\fonts folder with Winzip or Winrar).

2. Other fonts that should be always on the system are: ARIAL, VERDANA, TIMES NEW ROMAN, SEGOE, TREBUCHET, TAHOMA, CAMBRIA, CALIBRI, MTEXTRA, MICROSS.TTF (Microsoft Sans Serif) and CAMBRIA.TTC

3. Several fonts with the FON extension (they have an icon with a red "A")
    are also essential for Vista. Do not delete any of them!!

4. The file CAMBRIA.TTC (cambria math) is also essential for Word Equation Editor.

I signed up specifically to thank you for this. Your fix worked something miraculous. I knew I had removed some fonts (thankfully I backed them up - always back up your fonts!) but didn't know which ones Office was complaining about.

That ProcessMonitor is handy as hell -- I can't believe I've been troubleshooting installation problems for years without it!

Rudy Guest

Re: Error 1907. Could not register font. -- while installing Offic

I still have all fonts you mention. Ran processmonitor and it did not list
    that a font was missing. All this started after installing an add-in .
    Without this add-in , the office installer does not run and I do not get the
    1907 error.

What I did was to copy around 100MB fonts in another Windows XP system (if destination PC is Vista, copy from a Vista PC) and paste all the fonts to my XP computer's "C:\Windows\Fonts" folder and it solved the problem 100 percent.

FANTASTIC ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I installed the monitor, followed every line of instructions, and I soon found it was a HATTEN.TTF font that was missing. I located it, downloaded, installed, and the 1907 error disappeared!

I WISH LIFE WITH WINDOWS WAS ALWAYS SO EASILY RESOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if u dont mind, can u give the link of compress file of original vista font