Thread: Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial setup did not complete successfully

Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial setup did not complete successfully

I am trying to create a Office 2007 deployment environment on multiple workstations. The setup goes well but the issue lies with activating the package with a trail code. It looks issue with updating the Office registry files during the setup. The following is extract of log which was generated at the time of error. It notifies something about Registry value failed to overwrite by the setup. The default error code generate for those invalid registry keys is 0x80070103.

Error : ORegistryKey.GetSubKeyNames failure: Cannot get all sub key names for registry "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall"

It looks a issue with low permission. You must check that you must run the same when you have full access to the system. Another thing there are two ways to work on the same. First either go with a upgrade process or simply run fresh installation.

I will advice you to run the repair product that would be a bit helpful here. It is not recommended to simply keep modifying the setup as the logs already stated registry error. You need to check the config.xml file and visit Microsoft site to find more related information on the error. I hope there are not security applications which are causing the issue.

Re: Microsoft Office Professional 2007 Trial setup did not complete successfully

Same thing happened to me Mike( the utility thing too), you prolly have it fixed by now but just thougth I would share, I searched on google for microsoft trial download. I thought it may have been that my disc was damaged.I came across this site and this thread. I used my disc again and manually installed 10th time around...and it worked! I hope this can help others with the same problem and may come across this thread. cheers :)