Thread: Office 2007 Enterprise Install

Office 2007 Enterprise Install

I am trying to install Office 2007 Enterprise on my Windows Vista opearting system. This installation that i am doing is actually a upgradation directly over Office 2003 which was installed previously on my system. So after inserting the dvd and the putting the license key which is very well accepted, the install gets rolled back with an error that states "Error 1712. One or more of the files required to restore your computer to its previous state could not be found. Restoration will not be possible." I have been trying a couple or times to install the new ms office but nothing seems to be working and am getting the same error. Is there anyone who could help me out.

I dont think that the Office 2007 Enterprise Edition is still available and can be installed on our machines? I have seen that office 2007 Enterprise is only availble to volume-license customers and it cannot be upgraded from the previous versions. But as per some other debators, it seems to be available as a volume license and retail version. I dont know what is the exact condition of the releases but it would be good to know from a microsoft employee only whether it is available or not.

I assure you that it is a legitimate copy of the Office which was bought by an microsoft employee for me. It has the label of "Home Use Program" with an orange label print on it along with a product key on the back of the case. I wonder why everyone thinks that this version of ms office is still not released although it has been. But in any case, I would like to know a workaround for this problem. Thanks

If you are sure that it is a legal copy of the office 2007 suite then to install it I assume you will have to uninstall all the remains of the Office 2003 from your computer first and then install the new copy. Upgrading from an old to the new copy of Office might be emitting the error. After uninstalling the Office 2003, you could try to do a clean boot of the system that you are having and then try to install the Office Enterprise version by directly double clicking the setup.exe file and see this time if it installs perfectly.

That worked. After removing all the instances of the Office 2003 and OneNote 2003 from my pc and then following the Windows Clean Boot method and restarting the pc, I tried to install the Office 2007 Enterprise edition and it installed properly as stated. Now no more hassles with the error and I am enjoying the new Office suite already. Thanks eveyone for all the help.