Thread: Outlook: Outgoing messages won't send

Outlook: Outgoing messages won't send

This is the first time I was trying to use Outlook. Have installed Office 2007 on Windows XP system. I tried configuring my Gmail account in Outlook as per the instructions given on Gmail Help but when I try to test the settings; outlook tells me that I need to verify my Email Address. I know I have put my correct email address.

I checked other settings as well and according to me all are correct. What else i need to change in the ‘From’ address according to Outlook? Any idea?

Somebody please help. Thank you.

Re: Outlook: Outgoing messages won't send

I dint got you properly. Are you trying to say that the error “verify you’re Email Address” occurs when you click the "Test Account Settings" button in the e-mail account definition screen? Also can you post the complete message you getting while doing the same ? It will be better to understand the cause of the problem.

Well the complete error message is as follows:

"Send test email message: Unable to send test message. Please verify the E-mail address field."

And it occurs when I click ‘Test Account Settings’. What now ? Let me tell again that I’m entering the correct email address.

Lets try out a small troubleshoot and see if it helps. Open Outlook, go to Mail Settings and configure HTTPS connection for Outgoing mails as well. Also don’t forget to enable the secure server Checkbox after clicking the settings button. Now test the connection. If it still wont help, the very best I can suggest you is just delete this account and create it again from start. As you are sure about the settings you have done, there might be something else causing problem and hopefully it will remove when you create a new one. Let me know if you face any problem again.