Thread: cannot install business contact manager for outlook 2007

cannot install business contact manager for outlook 2007

Recently I need to format my Windows Vista laptop due to some reason. Re-installed OS and other all softwares including Office 2007. Everything went smoothly but when it is not allowing me to install Business Contact Manager (BCM). It always gives me error message saying setup has failed to install. I tried installing it various time even in clean boot but still the same problem.

I tried to install it with a new user account but it says “access to the path D:\SSEInstallHook.dll is denied”. No matter what I did, finally it got stuck with the following error:

Error 1316. Setup cannot read from file D:\OFFICE\o2007pia.msi. Check your connection to the network, or CD-ROM drive. For other potential solutions to this problem, see SETUP.CHM.

Can someone help me out with this ?

Re: cannot install business contact manager for outlook 2007

As the error suggests to check the CD/Drive or network, I guess the setup is not able to read the setup files properly. Are you sure your CD has no scratches and if you are installing it from network location makes sure it is easily accessible. Alternatively, if you are installing it from CD, copy entire CD content to a new folder and try installing from there. It helps many times.

Hey guys , me too need similar kind of help. I’m stuck too with BCM 2007 installation at error “Error 1316. Setup cannot read from file D:\OFFICE\o2007pia.msi.”. I tried searching for this file but dint found it anywhere on my systems. Is this file really missing from my disk ? If yes, how it can be because I bought this file from Microsoft itself.

Somebody please suggest me what to do. Thank you.

Seems like it was new for everyone. Lol. Anyway, I managed to fix it myself. Here it is what I did:

I created a new Directory on my D drive and copied CD contents to the same.
    As it was saying “02007pia.msi” file is missing, I downloaded the same from ineternet and copied to the same directory where all CD files are.
    Double clicked the MSi file and later ran the setup again from the directory created above.

That’s it. Everything got fixed.