Thread: Outlook 2007 crashes constantly - please HELP

Outlook 2007 crashes constantly - please HELP

I have installed Outlook 2007 successfully but when i launch it, i get an error message saying "Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook 2007 and have tried repairing whole office as well but no luck yet. I have come across many people who have reported this issue in other forum but there hasn't been any effective solution to help me out. I had thought simply uninstalling and reinstalling will help me out but i was wrong,I need to get it working somehow and as early as possible. I did not had any issue in installing it but than i don't know why is it giving me that error. Is there anyone who can help????

I want to know if you have made clean installation of office 2007?? , If you aren't sure about it than uninstall office 2007 completely, delete all it left over files from your system and install it again. If that's not the case than you can try launching Outlook via Start. Just go to start, click on run and type "outlook /safe" and click on OK. If it gets opened in that way than go into
    Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins, disable all add-ins and try launching Outlook normally.

I have tried opening outlook using "outlook /safe" command but that's not making any difference and i am getting same error message again. Other than this i have tried disabling Norton antivirus as some people had mentioned that antivirus might be blocking it somehow. I am just running out out of ideas now, i have ran a thorough scan to find if there is any infection in my system but avg came up with no infections. what should i do here after?? any idea?

There are so may reason that can cause Outlook 2007 to crash and some of them are as followed:
    • Outdated Outlook installation
    • Add-ins or extensions issues
    • Problematic Outlook profile
    • Corrupted Outlook installation
    • Damaged Outlook data file (PST)
    • Damaged Windows profile
    • System specific problems

You can try following below solution for fixing it.
    • Try updating Outlook installation with the latest cumulative updates available
    • Try reinstalling Microsoft Outlook 2007.
    • Starting Outlook using/safe mode without loading customizations, Exchange Client Extensions, reading pane, customized toolbar etc.If outlook doesn’t crash in /safe mode than you will have to check out required item is disabled.
    • Try creating test profile without email accounts.
    • Try re- adding existing PST file, If Outlook crashes after adding PST file than it might have got damaged. In that case you will have to repair it using Inbox Repair Tool or using commercial PST Repair tools.

I had the same problem with one of my laptops. I just disabled one pdf adds in(nuance) and all is fine now.

Re: Outlook 2007 crashes constantly - please HELP

I had the same problem I found that iTunes and the associated Apple programmes were corrupting my outlook, as soon as I deleted Apple and itunes from my computer Outlook stared working again perfectly :posted by nilsam

Take a look at the installed fonts and make sure Helvetica is not installed. If it is remove Helvetica and your problem should go away.

My computer Dell M6500 Precision Workstation - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit - 8core - 8GB HS Ram] was fine, then it crashed(Blue Screen) because of my stupid video card. Outlook was open when that happened.

Now when I open outlook it opens fine, but after about 10 to 30 seconds of downloading email I get a outlook as stopped working and must close message.

Everytime. After trying for like 10 times it finally said upon crash: the add-in snagit has caused outlook to crash several times if you have seen this before you might want to disable the add-in. do you wish to disable the add-in? so I clicked Yes, but that did not fix it, it still crashes, but only when downloading email.

If I click work offline as soon as I start it, then it will stay up the whole time.

I ran the outlook repair tool and it said that it had found errors and repaired them. still, it crashes, and still only when downloading email.

Can someone please help me? I have tried everything, I have not installed any new software in 1 or 2 weeks and outlook is always on, if my computer is on, outlook is on and never a problem with outlook, like this anyways.

Thanks,
    Richard

Hi ukndoit,

Can you try to update to V10 and see if it helps you out a bit or not. But if it crashes "reliably" then it would be a bug that perhaps got fixed in the later version. I'm not sure that's the case though as I don't use add-ins. You can have both versions installed at the same time so you can use the 30 day free trial to see if it works for you.

Ok, I finally figured out what it was.

I have CA Internet Securities 2010 installed
    it has a built in spam and virus scanner, after my computer crashed because of the video card it must have corrupted it. I am going to uninstall it then re-install, hopefully that will fix it.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case they have the same Security suite so they know how to fix it.

Coincedentally, here is how I disabled it so I can get to me email for now:
    Windows 7 -> click start
    click into the search for programs on the bottom or click run
    then type in:
    outlook /safe
    when you see it above right click on it and click Run as Administrator
    then quickly click -> Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-ins
    then uncheck the CA Anti-Spam field
    click ok, then it should not crash anymore.

HTH,
    Richard

I saw tons of complaints like this and tried all kind of solutions...

I SOLVEd my particular problem REMOVING the antivirus software avira 2012... other people solved removing avg 2011
    CONCLUSION: try removing your antivirus and see what happended

good luck!
    Luis

Quote Originally Posted by luislv View Post
    I saw tons of complaints like this and tried all kind of solutions...

I SOLVEd my particular problem REMOVING the antivirus software avira 2012... other people solved removing avg 2011
    CONCLUSION: try removing your antivirus and see what happended

good luck!
    Luis
    In addition:
    - i was using windows 7 with outlook 2007 with 4 email accounts 3 imap and one pop
    - i try to disable the antivirus so i dont have to remove it but outllok 2007 was still freezing the same way... so the solution was done until i removed the antivirus...