Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How do I transfer Outlook 2003 settings, messages, contacts from one PC to another?

Office Setup

Old 14-05-2007

How do I transfer Outlook 2003 settings, messages, contacts from one PC to another?

I bought a new laptop running with Windows XP. As I mentioned in the title, I am running Office 2003 on windows Xp based desktop computer and want to move my entire outlook including, messages, contacts and settings from the existing desktop to my new laptop.

Any anyone advice me with the best and simplest solution ?

Old 14-05-2007

Re: How do I transfer Outlook 2003 settings, messages, contacts from one PC to another?

You can simply move your settings using ‘Save my Settings’ Wizard of Office 2003. This will save all your settings in a file that you move easily to any Windows based PC. You can find this wizard under Start > All Programs > Microsoft office > Microsoft Office Tools. If it is not listed over there than you will need to follow these steps:
  • Open Control Panel by going to Start menu and open And & Remove Programs.
  • Click Change or Remove Programs.
  • In the Currently installed programs list, click Microsoft Office 2003, and then click Change.
  • In the Microsoft Office 2003 Setup dialog box, click Add or Remove Features, and then click Next.
  • In the Features to install tree, expand Office Tools.
  • Click Save My Settings Wizard, and then click Run all from My Computer.
  • Click Update.
  • Click OK when Setup has completed successfully.

Remember that this will only move your settings and not your pst files. In order to do that, check this How can I transfer Outlook address book to another PC ?

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Office Help > Office Setup
Tags: , ,