Thread: unattended office 2007 MUI installation

Unattended office 2007 MUI installation

I need some help to start a unattended MUI setup. I want to do this for a Office 2007 edition that is already installed in my system. When I run setup.exe /admin I am getting a error on the screen saying that the same is not available.

First check what edition of office you are having. Because on that basis you need to create the configuration file. Second check that you are using a official copy for this process. There are number of tools that you can download from the official website which will offer you a proper process dealing with the same. Somehow at some point there are links that would be failing and you would not be able to do anything. For larger system this is a bit complex thing to achieve.

Do you have any kind of MUI media with you. That might be provided in the CD that you have for the office setup. Or else you can look for the customization tool from the official website also. Another thing you need to find is the location of Proofing tools.

Re: unattended office 2007 MUI installation.. ANYBODY? Bill??

Did you tried to create a slipstream edition of Office disc. That might offer you a better support. You can addup the needed language packs that you want to install. Somehow my network admin was able to do this. I do not really understand what all steps he has gone with, but now it is working. The only difference is that Office was not installed before.

Re: unattended office 2007 MUI installation

You have to get the EXE version of the language pack (which is the compressed file containing all the msp's) and run it with the /quiet switch. The file name is like this: OfficeLP2007SP1-kb936982-fullfile-fr-fr.exe for the french version. The version of the SP should match too.

Re: unattended office 2007 MUI installation

For japanese:
    extract the files from the zip file provided
    locate the OMUI.ja-jp file in the extracted bits
    edit config.xml with notepad
    remove comments from display level, Logging type, pidkey, companyname, Installlocation, etc and customize as needed
    NOTE:
    there are other config.xml files in the extracted bits for things like publisher and visio. Make sure you are working with the desired product.

Install works as desired.
    NOTE:
    Japanese does require a rundll32 command to silently install the files needed for east asian language support. This should be done before hand.

rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection " & sCurDir & "\intl.inf,LANGUAGE_COLLECTION.COMPLEX.INSTALL"

oShell.Run sWinDir & "\system32\rundll32.exe advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection " & sCurDir & "\intl.inf,LANGUAGE_COLLECTION.EXTENDED.INSTALL"

If anyone has a way to set the newly installed language pack as default I would appreciate it.