Thread: Office Enterprise 2007 will not install under Vista

Office Enterprise 2007 will not install under Vista

I am having Windows Vista installed on my pc and recently I bought a new copy of Office 2007 which i am trying to install on Vista. As soon as I start the installation, it goes properly and the product key is also accepted and then about 80% of the progress bar processing it stays there or you can say like it gets stuck and doesnt moves an inches for so many hours. So i abort the installation and start to install procedure again, but still it gets stucked. I have already tried remocing all the temp files and internet temp files but that didnt seem to solve this issue. Can anyone please help me with this problem.

Did you try to disable UAC in Vista as soon as you start the installation of the Office 2007 and checked if that works? Do you have any antivirus installed in your machine, if so then try to disable it as well and see if that works. Also disable any firewalls, it might be interrupting as well. Have you tried the same CD/DVD in some other dvd drives and checked if the disk is properly read and the installation is finished?

You could try to disable all non-microsoft applications and services and then see if the installation succeeds. To do the same please follow the below steps:
    • First of all click on Start and then go to Run and then type msconfig.
    • After that a window will pop-up, just click on the Services tab.
    • After that you should choose to disable all non-Microsoft applications and services
    • Now you have to restart the pc.
    • After booting up again, you will get Msconfig at the desktop startup, so just cancel it or close it.
    • Then try to start the installation of the office 2007 by double clikcing the setup.exe file.
    • Once it is fully installed, then go back to Msconfig and in its services tab, you need to place a check in the box next to disabled software.

Are you trying to install the new copy of Office Enterprise 2007 over an old Office 2003 copy? If you are then you should know that upgrade installation are always the wrong practice to choose. It could be related to some other issue but still i find it wrong. You should always uninstall any old or previous copy of an upgraded version of the application, in order to the latest to work. This is the reason why error gets generated at the time of installation because some old file must be conflicting with the new file. It could be also a problem with the patch for both versions that may be needed or the problem with the registry with duplicate entries. Always remember that side by side installation are wrong and should be avoided.