Thread: Microsoft Office 2007 ultimate setup cannot locate cab file

Microsoft Office 2007 ultimate setup cannot locate cab file

I am not able to perform Office 2007 Ultimate setup completely. It is not at all working. I crashes on some .cab file. The exact error that I am getting is Setup cannot find Excel.en-us/ExcelLR.cab file. While the CD that I am using is new. I had checked the same manually. It also does not allow me to manually browse those files and then continue the setup. Another thing that I tried to make this thing work is copied the entire disc on the hard drive. But still the same error.

re: Microsoft Office 2007 ultimate setup cannot locate cab file

It looks your CD is damaged. That is the reason you are facing that problem. You can try one thing. You can copy the file to your drive. Then download that .cab file from internet. I am sure that you will be able to find the download and it is going to work well. Just replace the original file with the one you downloaded and then run the setup back again. If there are multiple errors then you might need to ask for replacement.

re: Microsoft Office 2007 ultimate setup cannot locate cab file

I encountered the same problem when trying to install Office for Home/Students 2007 on my daughters new Dell laptop with Vista Home Premium. Early on the installation freezes and a dialog box opens asking to browse for installation sources. I have no idea where to browse. Very frustrating that new computer and new software would need me to locate file to install one of components. Where should i look for this missing file? Thanks,
    dpdave

PS Bought the Office Home/Student 2007 Suite at Costco.