Thread: Where can I get file "Windows Installer" 511974.MAINSP3ff.msp?

Where can I get file "Windows Installer" 511974.MAINSP3ff.msp?

I am not able to use any Office programs anymore on this Windows XP system. It gives me error saying to select an alternative path for file 511974.MAINSP3ff.msp. I don’t know what file is it. Also it just wnt allow me to remove or to uninstall or to reinstall Office XP.

Any suggestion for this ? Please help ?

Re: Where can I get file "Windows Installer" 511974.MAINSP3ff.msp?

I could have help you with this but the problem you posted is just insufficient. I don’t know which version of office you are using currently, when does the error occurs, what is the exact line of the error, etc… You should post all these things in details, atleast in brief so that others can assist you better.

Anyways, did you tried restoring your system before you started getting these error codes ? if yes, check this Microsoft Article: http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;814833 . Hope this will help you out.

Thanks a lot for the help SMichael. Yes, I did System Restore and since then I started getting this error. It started when my MS Word stopped responding and I mistakenly deleted Office, I thought am deleing Office XP Home edition. Hence I did a system restore assuming I will get it back but that dint helped. Since then I found that all office programs stopped working. Whenever I try opening them it is use to say “The function that you are trying to run is on another source
    and is unavailable on your system. Please select an alternative path or find the folder containing file 511974.”

I’m not a pro in computers but as far as I know I guess somwhow I inadvertently deleted the memory source for windows applications and the ability to run, install, and uninstall applications. Do you know how can I re-install back those files on my computer ? And yea, am running Office Xp 2000.

Alrite, did you try re-installing every patch mentioned in the Article link I gave above? Were you able to do it successfully? If not, than simply use Windows installer Cleanup Utility and remove each files available in your system related MS Office. You can get it here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2639197.

Once done with this, Run Disk Cleanup Wizard from All Programs > Accessories. The restart you computer. Hopefully until now there should be no office programs files remained on your system. Now simply try to re-install Office again.