Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Save as XPS or PDF

Save as XPS or PDF

I am having Windows XP service pack 2 installed on my computer along with Office 2007 as well. I am trying to use the Microsoft's add-in called Save as PDF or XPS but havent managed to get it working properly. What i did was, i downloaded it on my pc and then installed the office 2007 package and I can see that i get the option to save as either pdf or xps in the save as menu as well. But when ever I try to save one single text file to pdf or xps then I get an error message stating that "The export failed due to an unexpected error"? I have already uninstalled the add-in and reinstalled it again but it keeps giving me error. Does anyone know if there is way to fix this issue. Thanks.

Well, do you by any chance have Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 installed on your pc? If so, then let me tell you that this same reader till the version it is developed is not yet supported in office 2007 but in the future it would be. So it might be possible that the Acrobat add-ins are causing problem. In any case, have you tried disabling Acrobat add-in in your pc just to make sure that it isnt the root cause of the error that you are getting? Also, does the problem occur in single office 2007 application or you also face similar issues when you open Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc?

Even I am facing similar problems but it starts only when i click on Send "Email as PDF Attachment" or "Email as XPS Attachment" in microsoft word 2007. I have tried both the PDF option as well as the XPS options, both doesnt seem to work and they always give error as "the export failed due to an unexpected error". This issue doesnt seem to effect other office application like excel or powerpoint and I can also use the Save as function without any error emitting.

Re: Save as XPS or PDF

Has anyone solved this problem?
    Even in Microsoft (Finland) cannot solve this, please help me - and probably several other people.

I think this issue can be resolved by downloading a tool called Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS 1.0. Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS will allow you to export and save to the PDF and XPS formats in eight 2007 Microsoft Office programs. It also allows you to send as e-mail attachment in the PDF and XPS formats in a subset of these programs.

Quote Originally Posted by expertz View Post
    I think this issue can be resolved by downloading a tool called Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS 1.0. Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS will allow you to export and save to the PDF and XPS formats in eight 2007 Microsoft Office programs. It also allows you to send as e-mail attachment in the PDF and XPS formats in a subset of these programs.
    hello expertz, thank you for your answer unfortunatelly we have tried that without good result.
    here is some information what we (I and Microsoft Finland) have already tried and what MSF knows:
    • ms office does not use any other software to make pdf-convert. by this I mean that you do not have to have any acrobat software or any other third party pdf software installed to make pdf-documents in ms office

• you do not have to install SAVEasPDForXPS addin if you have service pack 2, it belongs to that automatically. we have installed it and it won't help.

• I have another computer where this pdf-converting works fine and this other computer is almost exatly same as the other one. same operatin system, same office from same CD, same updates etc. only difference is that in laptop it does not work

• in Microsoft they think there is some software which prevents to do those pdf-documents but tehy havent found anything unnormal from my computer logs

• i have turned off the avast but nothing changes (btw both computers has same antivirus software)

i am pretty sure there is already answer somewhere, my english is so poor that it takes several weeks to read all those texts related this problem :)

if you still have the problem; we corrected it by setting read right to everyone user on the dll %windir%\system32\t2embed.dll

It corrected the problem for us.

yes i still have this problem. ms finland could not solve problem and i could not find how to solve it.

thank you for your answer. now my problem is that i do not understand how i do change you wrote.

can you please give me exact advice how, what and where i have to go :)

you can run the following command

cacls “%windir%\system32\t2embed.dll” /E /R everyone

or just right click on this dll on windows explorer, click properties, go to security tab and set read or full control to this dll for everyone

i cannot believe this, but it worked! it took (only) almost nine months to solve this.

i´m so happy :DDD

thank you, lliegeois, so much. i knew someone has solution :)

You're welcome. I'm happy this solved the problem for you also.

It was easier for us to diagnoze the root cause because we had the list of what we changed on the computer between the time it worked and the time it didn"t work.

Maybe you can give Microsoft Finland the solution, because their vulnerability hotfix proposal break word "save as pdf" functionnality so it is not a so good idea to remove such rights on this dll ! :-)

Dear Sir,

I did as below
    cacls “%windir%\system32\t2embed.dll” /E /R everyone
    or just right click on this dll on windows explorer, click properties, go to security tab and set read or full control to this dll for everyone

But when I right click this dll on windows explorer and open the property I could not find Security tab. There is only General tab and showing Protocol,type,Connections,Address(url)

I am using windows 7 with 64bits. I have just basic knowledge of computer. Can you please explain me how can I run above command on my computer?

My email address is desaivm50@yahoo.com

Thanking you

Vipul Desai

desaivm50,

Can you download the 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS and to export and save to the PDF and XPS formats in eight 2007 Microsoft Office programs. It also allows you to send as e-mail attachment in the PDF and XPS formats in a subset of these programs from the microsoft website and see if it helps.

Dear Sir,
    I have office 2010 and I tried. But still it says an error occur while power point saving.

Quote Originally Posted by desaivm50 View Post
    Dear Sir,
    I have office 2010 and I tried. But still it says an error occur while power point saving.
    I have heard that this is caused due to a temp fix that everyone might have applied to counter the duqu malware.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...visory/2639658

So until there is a proper solution on that you will have to deal with no pdf saving.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast