Thread: Setup cannot find HomeStudentr.WW\HomeSrWW.cab

Setup cannot find HomeStudentr.WW\HomeSrWW.cab

It is my Windows XP laptop where trying to install Office Home and Student 2007 after successfully removing Office trail 2007. Whenever I run the setup, its progress bat goes upto 50% and stuck with error message saying “Setup cannot find HomeStudentr.WW\HomeSrWW.cab” along with a browse options. I know the file is right on my disk but when I point it to the file, it says something wrong installation source. Any suggestions?

Don’t know what could be the reason but I doubt about Windows Installer Service. There might be some problem with the same. You can try out the following steps:

Go to Start Menu , click RUN and type the following:
    msiexec.exe /unregister
    Click OK. Note there is a space between msiexec.exe and /

Once done, got RUN again and type services.msc , press Enter. Now on the opened window see if windows installer service is started. If it is yet disabled, simply right click it and select Start. That’s it now try to install Office 2007 again. It should work.

Re: Setup cannot find HomeStudentr.WW\HomeSrWW.cab

Thanks for the suggestion friend but seems like it wont work for me. When I run the first code in RUN box, nothing happens on my system. And when I run Services.msc I can see a huge list of files and don’t know which of these files I need to work. Sorry but I’m a newbie with computers. Any help ?

Re: Setup cannot find HomeStudentr.WW\HomeSrWW.cab

Ye i had the same problem and that didnt work but what i did is i downloaded a free trial from microsoft and then i installed my full version disc and converted the trial to the full version and that seemed to work.