Thread: Configuring Outlook 2007 setup with custom MSP

Configuring Outlook 2007 setup with custom MSP

I need help here to get a custom MSP through OCT Tool. I want people to see 3 different messages when they run Outlook for the first time on their system. The first will be about the Privacy Options. There must be 3 different box that will be ticked by default. Second will be about Desktop Search. A note that will prevent installation of Windows Desktop Search Component. And the last option that I am waiting for is set default yes for syncing common feeds with RSS feed. How can I achieve all this stuff.

This is really a pain in the head. I am trying to work on the same from long time but yet not achieved a better support. I want to know that is there are better place available to discuss about the same. It would help a bit more better to gain what we are actually looking for.

This things more effort and it is not quiet easy to achieve the same. I hope to find some ready to use custom msp that can allow me to work this automatically. I tried to download the msp file on the web so that I can modify the same and use it.

The second and the third message can be disabled using group policy. Download the Office 2007 Admin Template. Load the Outlook template, and you can disabled the two message at the location below.

User Congifuration\Administrator Template\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007\Tools |Account Settings\RSS Feeds

User Congifuration\Administrator Templates\Microsoft Office Outlook 2007\Tools | Options\Preferences\Search Options

-- David Wong

For the first one which has the heading "Welcome to the 2007 Microsoft Office System" -
    "Privacy Options". .... This can be disabled by download the Microsoft office 2007 template. In group policy, navigate to the below

Administrative Templates-->Microsoft Office 2007 system-->Privacy-->Trust Center... disabled the "Disable Opt-in Wizard on first run".

-- David Wong